- Four 7oz salmon portions boneless with skin on
- 2 tbsp Texas Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sweet red chile sauce
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat, between 450⁰F – 550⁰F. Brush the cooking grates clean and close the lid to heat.
- Generously coat the flesh side of the Salmon fillets with oil and season evenly with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Grill the Salmon skin side down over direct high heat with the lid closed between 6-8 minutes or until the fish lightens in color, becomes firmer to the touch and the fillets can be lifted off the cooking grates without them sticking.
- Turn the Salmon over, close the lid, and cook to 130⁰F between two and four minutes for medium rare or longer to desired doneness.
- Remove and brush with chile sauce and serve.
Recipe courtesy of: The Executive Chef at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines, Frank Majowicz