By Juicy Juice
Add style to your next summer gathering with this tropical recipe for Orange Mango Granita. Infused with an exotic combination of fresh mangos and orange tangerine juice, this icy treat is a delicious way to keep guests cool. With its delicate crystallized texture, this luscious dessert is sure to be a summertime crowd-pleaser.
- 3 cups Orange Tangerine Flavor Juicy Juice® 100% Juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 medium firm-ripe mangos, peeled and cut into pieces (about 2 cups total) or 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mango cubes, thawed
- Combine Orange Tangerine Flavor Juicy Juice® 100% Juice and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Place mangoes and juice mixture in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Force through a sieve into a shallow baking pan (discard solids). Freeze for 3 to 4 hours, stirring and crushing lumps with a fork every hour. Granita can be made 2 days ahead and frozen, covered. Just before serving, scrape surface of granita with a fork to lighten texture (texture should look like crystals).
- Scoop granita into serving bowls. Garnish with sliced mango, pomegranate seeds and grated lime peel, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Juicy Juice.