- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- quart of vanilla ice cream
- For the cookie dough, in a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Stir to combine. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and salt until well blended. Stir in the flour until completely smooth. Let the mixture cool completely (so the chocolate chips don’t melt), then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line an 8X8-inch baking pan with two pieces of parchment paper, so they extend well beyond the edges of the pan on all four sides. Scatter half of the dough into the pan and use your hands to press it into an even layer.
- Top with a second set of parchment strips that extend over each side. Scatter the remaining dough over the top and press into an even layer.
- Fold the overhanging parchment over the dough and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Use the parchment strips hanging over the edge to lift out the top layer of cookie dough. Then remove the second layer.
- Spread the softened ice cream over the top into an even layer. Peel the parchment from the remaining square of cookie dough and place it, smoothest side up, on the ice cream. Gently press it into the ice cream.
- Cover the pan and freeze for at least 2-8 hours. Using a long, sharp knife, run it under hot water, wipe dry, and slice the cookie dough ice cream sandwiches into squares, repeating with hot water after each slice.