By The American Heart Association
This Simple Cooking with Heart simple but indulgent-tasting banana split recipe might become your new favorite dessert.
- 2 6-ounces packaged, fat-free pineapple yogurt
- 1 cup sliced strawberries OR 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 large banana (about 1 cup sliced)
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola (4 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp hot water
- To assemble parfaits, in small dish, layer about 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup sliced bananas and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granola.
- In small cup, stir together cocoa, confectioners’ sugar and hot water until smooth. Drizzle 1 teaspoon over each parfait.
- Keep it Healthy: Yogurt can be a delicious, healthier substitute for ice cream or whipped cream in any recipe.
- Tip: Instead of fresh berries you can substitute 1 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed.
- Substitute any flavor of nonfat yogurt you enjoy.
Calories: 157 Per Serving
Protein: 6g Per Serving
Fiber: 2g Per Serving
Cost Per Serving: $1.24
To learn more about the Banana Split Berry Yogurt Parfaits Recipe from the American Heart Association, click here.