- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1 pack of premade pie crust
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 jar of seedless raspberry jam
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Roll out the pastry until about 3mm thick. Stamp out 12 circles of pastry and use to line a 12-hole nonstick patty tin. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, scrape up the pastry trimmings and re-roll. Then stamp out 12 hearts with a 4cm heart cutter. Put onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until golden.
- To make the filling, beat together the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Then stir in beaten egg, ground almonds, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Divide the almond mixture equally between the pastry cases, smooth level with the back of a teaspoon, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and, using the back of a teaspoon, press down the tops of the almond mixture to flatten slightly. Heat the jam in a small pan until melted and spoon a little over the top of each one to cover the top completely. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Then remove and top each with a pastry heart. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy warm or cold.