For the almond cookie crust:
- 2 c almond flour
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the pumpkin filling:
- 2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 c vegan milk (optional: pecan maple milk for more flavor)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- For the pecan topping:
- 1 c pecans
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients for the crust in a food processor and add water, a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together.
- Dump the dough into an 8-inch tart pan and press down with the heel of your hand to form an even layer. Press the dough up the sides of the pan with your fingers until the entire pan is covered. Prick the bottom of the crust all over with the tines of a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients for the filling into a large bowl. Pour into the tart shell. Use a knife or spatula to spread it evenly.
- Place all ingredients for the pecan topping in the food processor and process until the nuts are chopped into fairly small pieces.
- Spread the pecans evenly over the top of the filling.
- Place the tart pan on a cookie sheet and bake 40 minutes or until the top feels firm.
- Remove and let cool thoroughly. Chill for an hour before serving.