By: Fresh n’ Lean – the nation’s #1 organic meal delivery company
Easy and healthy gluten-free cake, an amazing combination of those warming flavors of apples, almonds, and cinnamon. Perfect to share with family and friends over a cup of tea or coffee, but healthy as it is, one could even enjoy it for breakfast without any sense of guilt.
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients: (6 servings)
2 medium apples
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup almond flour
½ cup gluten-free oat flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp of baking powder
2 large eggs
¼ cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup almond flakes
- Core the apples, remove the peel, and cut the flesh into cubes. Toss in a bowl with coconut sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk well until smooth and fluffy.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients. Combine with a spoon; don’t over mix.
- Transfer to a round (about 8” diameter) baking pan greased or lined with baking paper. Add apples on top and press them gently into the dough. Sprinkle almond flakes on top.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let cool on a cooling rack before slicing.