- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (unless using self-rising flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (unless using self-rising flour)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 12 ounce can (1 ½ cup) favorite beer
- ½ cup melted butter – separated into ¼ cups
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix dry ingredients then add beer and ¼ cup melted butter.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Pour remaining ¼ cup melted butter over top for crispy crust.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.