By Jaxie Pidgeon | Staff Writer
Saddle up, Fair Fans! For the first time in its 134-year history, the State Fair of Texas is introducing the Big Tex Fair Food Drive-Thru. This one-of-a-kind drive-thru experience will celebrate all things Texan – giving you the opportunity to get your annual photo with Big Tex and a taste of the Fair while supporting the State Fair of Texas’s nonprofit mission.
This new event consists of customers driving through a line and buying food packages from State Fair vendors.
As an icon of the Lone Star State and a true Texan, Big Tex will do his part as a good neighbor to keep the community safe by adding the latest and greatest accessory to his wardrobe for 2020 – a Big Tex-sized face mask. In a year of many firsts, this historic event will offer Fair lovers the opportunity for a once-in-a-lifetime photo and experience.
Fair Food & Photo Packages are available for these dates:
- Friday, September 25 through Sunday, September 27, 2020
- Friday, October 2 through Sunday, October 4, 2020
- Friday, October 9 through Monday, October 12, 2020 (excluding Saturday, October 10, due to the AT&T Red River Showdown football game)
- Thursday, October 15 through Sunday, October 18, 2020
Tickets go on sale starting September 2 at 10 a.m. on BigTex.com. Customers can attend in three entry time slots:
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 1 – 5 p.m.
- 5 – 5:45 p.m.
After selecting a date and time, customers can choose from the following packages.
Big Tex Photo Package
This is a standalone photo opp, no food, and is available only September 19-20. It’s $25, and allows one vehicle of up to eight people to come in and pose with Big Tex, as well as a downloadable “professional” photo with Big Tex.
Fair Food & Photo Packages
The “A” package is $65 and feeds 1-2 people. It allows one vehicle of up to eight people to come in and pose with Big Tex, as well as a downloadable professional photo with Big Tex, as well as the following:
- Two soft drinks or bottled waters from Haworth Concessions
- Two Fletcher’s Original State Fair Corny Dogs
- One order of Jack’s French Fries
- One order of Stiffler’s Fried Oreos
- One bag of State Fair Cotton Candy
- One bag of Pioneer Kettle Corn
- One Midway Prize
The “B” package is $99 and feeds 3-4 people. It allows one vehicle of up to eight people to come in and pose with Big Tex, as well as a downloadable professional photo with Big Tex, as well as the following:
- Four soft drinks or bottled waters from Haworth Concessions
- Four Fletcher’s Original State Fair Corny Dogs
- Two orders of Jack’s French Fries
- Two orders of Stiffler’s Fried Oreos
- Two bags of State Fair Cotton Candy
- Two bags of Pioneer Kettle Corn
- Two Midway Prizes
You can also add on items such as corn on the cob, corny dogs, sausage on a stick, and turkey legs.
All guests must remain in their vehicles, with the exception of using the restroom and/or having their photo taken at Big Tex Circle.
They anticipate that the Drive-Thru experience will take no longer than 1 1/2 hours once you enter the gate.
Folks can choose to eat their food in their car along the way, take it home, or eat in a parking lot designated by the State Fair after they exit.
Guests are required to wear face masks when interacting with staff, who will all be wearing masks, gloves, and following safety guidelines.
NEED MORE INFO? Go to: https://bigtex.com/big-tex-fair-food-drive-thru/