- 6-7 lbs. of boneless chicken thighs
- 12 oz. of chipotle adobo sauce to marinade chicken
- Taco size flour tortillas
- 2 bags of coleslaw mix
- 1 pineapple
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1-2 fresh limes
- Cotija Mexican cheese
- Remove boneless chicken thighs from package and rinse thoroughly
- Add your chipotle adobo marinade to the chicken and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2-4 hrs.
- Heat up your grill (we used Everdure Fusion). Take the spit attachment and add on the first fork, and skewer one piece at a time turning the pieces 45° each time to ensure an even shape. Once all the meat is added, use the forks to hold the meat together.
- When the coals are ready for cooking, place the spit on setting 2 and begin the rotation. Monitor the heat – topping up the coals when needed. It is important to maintain a surface temperature of around 350°F. Allow the chicken to reach a core temp of 165°F then lower the setting to 1 to color the meat.
- Remove the spit and rest for 10 minutes before carving – reserving the cooked lime halves for dressing.
- To assemble, spread the cooked, sliced chicken on a tortilla. Spoon over sour cream and top with sliced avocado and cilantro. Season with a squeeze of sliced limes and drizzle with sriracha.
Recipe Courtesy of Trinity Fireside.