- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (9 to 10 whole graham crackers, crushed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust by stirring together all of the crust ingredients, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, making a thicker layer on the bottom than on the sides. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing together the room-temperature cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla, again mixing until smooth. To avoid beating too much air into the batter, use a mixer set at low-medium speed. To avoid lumps, make sure the cream cheese is softened, and/or at room temperature.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven. Bake it for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and set it on a rack to cool. Once the cake is cool, refrigerate it, covered, until you’re ready to serve it.
- Serve cheesecake in wedges, with fresh fruit if desired. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for several days; freeze for longer storage.