By Alicia Wanek
Imagine a summer evening sitting with a cool drink while enjoying a beautiful view and a delicious barbeque dinner with friends. Sounds like a perfect vacation, right? The truth is that you can create that experience in your own backyard whenever you want.
Outdoor living spaces have become just as much a part of designing your home as any other room. “We all love enjoying the outdoors and creating the perfect place to gather and rekindle connections with family and friends, a place to entertain while creating lifelong memories,” says the team at Trinity Fireside. Trinity specializes in outdoor living and indoor and outdoor fireplaces as well as garage doors. Their team can work with you to create your own unique space.
They are currently featuring the Kamado Joe, a revolutionary grill and smoker, perfect for a summer barbeque. Its design imparts a rich, smoky flavor to meats, fish and vegetables.
Olive and Prosciutto Gluten free pizza
Frozen gluten free pizza dough (My favorite is from
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup fresh mozzarella cut into round slices
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 cup whole green olives stuffed with garlic
6 to 7 strips of prosciutto
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup of arugula
1. Remove pizza dough from box and wrapper, and spread pizza sauce on dough. Layer 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, olives, artichokes, fresh cut mozzarella cheese, red onion, sprinkle of arugula and the other 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
2. Place on Kamado Joe pizza stone, close lid, cook at medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Cilantro Honey Steak Fajita Skewers
1 cup fresh crushed cilantro
1/4 cup fresh crushed parsley
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 freshly squeezed lime
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 clove fresh crushed garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 red onion, halved then each half cut into quarters
1. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the steak chimichurri.
2. In a gallon-sized freezer bag, place the steak cubes and the mixture from the bowl.
3. Seal the bag, pressing out all of the air, then massage the mixture into the steak.
4. Let it rest for several minutes or even overnight if you want to make it ahead of time.
5. In a medium bowl, toss the cut bell peppers and onions with 2 teaspoons olive oil and ½ teaspoon of salt.
6. Fire up your Kamado Joe Smoker and slightly brush the grates with oil.
Photography and Recipes by: Elle Parks