It’s May and with summer right around the corner, parents everywhere are gearing up to hear their kids utter those two dreaded words … “I’m bored!” Well, this summer is going to be different! Just a short drive from the DFW metroplex, Choctaw Casino Resort – Durant, a AAA Four Diamond resort, offers a premier all-inclusive getaway with something for everyone. Join us at Choctaw Casino Durant, where there is something for everyone.
1. Maddie and Tae Concert – Experience one of the biggest breakthrough acts on the country music scene – Maddie and Tae at the Grand Theater. What? You haven’t heard of Maddie and Tae? Just ask your kids! Maddie Marlow and Tae Dye just won two Radio Disney Music Awards for “Favorite Country Artist” and “Favorite Country Song.” The duo will perform at the Grand Theater on Wednesday, June 29. GLF readers can enjoy an exclusive $79 hotel rate by using code MADDIE&TAE16 when reserving your guest room here!
2. The Oasis – Plan to get to the Maddie and Tae Concert early and enjoy the Oklahoma sunshine at the Oasis pool before the show. (Or just come for the pool!) The kids will love the games and activities in the family zone area while burning off some energy! The Oasis has four tropical pools with a water slide and a swim-up bar. Private cabanas are also available, or you can unwind in one of the resorts’ water loungers. Pure heaven!
3. The District – Check out the hottest blockbuster movies or play a family-friendly game of bowling at The District. The entertainment complex features an array of activities including a two-story laser tag arena, a 20-lane bowling alley, an arcade that includes more than 40 games, and a movie theater with four screens! Something for everyone.
4. The Spa – Mom and daughter can enjoy a mani/pedi or a wash and blow-dry, while dad can get a cut and shave in the traditional barber shop at the recently updated Spa. The Spa also includes a deluxe collection of massage, facial and body treatment services. The space boasts nine treatment rooms including two extravagant couple’s suites with an ultra-whirlpool soaking tub for two and couple’s Rain Shower.
5. The Food – Of course after a day of fun, you will certainly be hungry! The resort provides a range of dining options, including the 1832 Steakhouse – a specialty dining steakhouse that delivers a superior fine-dining experience, Butterfields Buffet – an all-you can eat, Vegas-style buffet and Gilley’s – a honky-tonk offering Texas-sized meals and live entertainment. The resort also includes delicious Tex-Mex at Tomatillo’s Mexican Restaurant, classic diner fare at Blue Moon Café and other grab-and-go dining options like Jackpot Java, Smashburger, Papa Johns, Subway, Krispy Krunchy Chicken and Bamboo Noodle Bar.
Content provided by Choctaw Casino Resort – Durant. For more information visit choctawcasinos.com.