Whether your travels take you seaside or to the slopes, here are some fabulous fashions to take you there in style.
by Amy Levenson Krumholz | Fashion Editor
Fashions available at Reveal Swimwear
Kelly has fun in the sun wearing this flattering hot pink swimsuit by Odabash. The key to versatility is choosing a multi-purpose cover-up like this one by Lotta Stensson. Kelly uses her small Samudra lime clutch (picured left) to keep her phone and money safe from the water and sand and throws it inside her larger Banago beach bag. These Melissa rubber beach shoes are cute enough to wear with a favorite sundress or pair of shorts.
Kelly transforms her look from poolside to sunset dinner and dancing by re-purposing her cover-up. She adds an essential pair of white jeans, fuchsia silk tank, fun jewelry and these smoking hot versatile heels (pictured below) that are the only nighttime shoes she will need to pack. Voila!
Another fabulous cover-up by Lotta can easily be worn from the beach to the nightclub by just adding the heels and some jewelry.
Skyla Snakeskin Doublestrap Sandal, available at Nordstrom.
Except jewelry and belt, all items are from St. Bernard Sports
Erin is hitting the slopes in high style by wearing this amazing blue jacket by Fire and Ice with a removable (faux) fur vest. She stays nice and warm by wearing this charming sweater for an added layer by M. Miller. Always go with a basic black ski pant like this one from Bogner that can be worn with anything and everything. It’s the only one you will need to pack. Remember to bring several pairs of long underwear!
Transform your ski outfit into a chic evening look with only three simple steps. Erin zips out the fur vest she wore on the slopes which shows off her darling sweater, changes into these HOT Sorel waterproof boots (pictured below), and adds a timeless Prada belt. Ta-Dah!
Sorel’s waterproof heeled boots are perfect for any après ski outfit. Add a pair of leather gloves and you are ready for a cozy night on the town!
Amy’s Packing Tips
Bypass those checked baggage fees for beachside or après ski cocktails! Take the guesswork out of what to bring by following these simple steps for the perfect vacation wardrobe – and fit it all inside a carry-on!
• Pack everything flat instead of folding or rolling, and put plastic dry-cleaning bags between items that wrinkle.
• Footwear goes in first, on the outer edges of the bag. Position the soles outward, away from your clothes.
• Wear your bulkiest shoes on the plane.
• Instead of cosmetic bags, use Ziplocs (and pack extras). If something leaks, it won’t get on your clothes.
• Bring lots of accessories. They can completely transform any outfit and take up very little room.
• Pack jewelry separately in little plastic bags to prevent knotting and tangling. Put inside the toe of your shoes.
• Take photos of all your outfit combinations before you leave so you don’t spend time figuring out what to wear.
Want more? Contact Amy at StylebyAmy@goodlifefamilymag.com.