- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat heavy cream on medium heat until it simmers.
- Pour over chopped up baking chocolate and mix until combined.
- Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food coloring, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in dry mixture.
- Line cupcake tin with liners and fill each liner about half full with batter.
- Remove filling from fridge. Scoop 1-tablespoon balls and place one ball in the center of each cupcake.
- Bake 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the side of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cover with powdered sugar or top with ice cream and enjoy!