8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
½ cup heavy cream
2 ½ cups flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ cup milk
1 ounce red food coloring
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Heat heavy cream on medium heat until it simmers.
• Pour over chopped up baking chocolate and mix until combined.
• Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
• Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
• Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food coloring, and vanilla.
• Gradually beat in dry mixture.
• Line cupcake tin with liners and fill each liner about half full with batter.
• Remove filling from fridge. Scoop 1-tablespoon balls and place one ball in the center of each cupcake.
• Bake 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the side of the cupcake comes out clean.
• Cover with powdered sugar or top with ice cream and enjoy!