- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Combine dry ingredients, pulse twice in a food processor.
- Return to bowl and place 1 stick of butter cut into ¼ inch pieces on top.
- Use your hands and incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients. Add cold water as needed.
- Add remaining butter and mold into ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before rolling out and baking.
- Each filling recipe makes 12 cup pies.
Pumpkin Pie Filling Ingredients:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 ¼ cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make sure all egg is incorporated into mixture before baking.
Pecan Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat, mix in sugars.
- Mix together eggs, milk, flour and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Combine both and add chopped pecans making sure to coat all in the mixture.
Apple Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 pounds baking apples
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Generous pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- Peel, halve and core the apples. Cut them into desired size slices. Toss apples with lemon juice, add the sugar and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the apples and cook, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the mixture simmers.
- Cover and reduce heat – let the apples cook until they are soft and release their juices.
- Strain the apples and return them to skillet to simmer over medium heat until thickened and caramelized.
Chilled Chocolate Pie Filling Ingredients:
- Chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups of milk
- Whipped cream or icing if desired
- In a large bowl, mix pudding mix and milk until completely combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Pierce the crusts with fork before baking.
- Let the crust cool completely before adding the chocolate mixture and topping with desired toppings.