Pep rallies, painted faces, parades and the king and queen’s court… all the fun and festivities that herald homecoming and The Big Game. And don’t forget the big dance! Girls – get ready to express your passion for fashion, and guys – it’s more than just the ties. It’s time to groove with the latest styles and trends.
By Amy Levenson Krumholz | Fashion Editor
THE BIG GAME
Brittany (left) goes Boho Chic with this suede skirt (Altar’d State), Goddess Headband and layered necklaces (Runway Seven, Watters Creek).
Hattie (middle) rocks the 70’s look in wide leg jeans and fringe vest from Runway Seven and lace cream top from Altar’d State (Watters Creek location).
Western Chic is a runaway favorite for Connie (right), shown here in flannel and fringed cowboy booties.
What’s a Guy to wear?
Dress To Impress | Suits
– 2 button, notch lapel, side vents
– Window check brown twill mixed with navy or grey
– Ties – anything goes but lean towards the skinnier versions
– Monk strap shoes (side buckle)
– Trousers – flat front and tapered down leg
Keep It Casual | “West Cost Style”
– Graffic Tees
– Flannel check shirts layered over graphic tees
– Henley shirts (essentially a collarless polo shirt)
– Colored and dark wash jeans
– Dressed-up sneakers
– Fleece zip-up jackets
Lou Lou, Lovers Lane
Mine Boutique, Lovers Lane
Runway Seven, Watters Creek, Allen (and multiple other locations)
Photos by James Bland/Dallas Photo Studio