by Tricia White
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is providing free transportation to polling locations on the day of the Texas primary elections, Tuesday, March 1, 2022. Voters can ride at no charge on all DART buses, trains, the Dallas Streetcar, GoLink, Paratransit Services and the TRE between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station.
No proof of voter registration is required to ride for free on March 1. GoLink riders can use promo code VOTE22 at checkout for a complimentary Adult Local Day Pass in the GoPass app on March 1. You can learn more at dart.org/vote.
How to Find a Voting Location
The State of Texas organizes election information and voting locations by county. Click the link for your county to find a convenient voting location.
- Collin County Election Information (Plano, Richardson, Carrollton)
- Dallas County (Addison, Carrollton, Cockrell Hill, Dallas, Farmers Branch, Garland, Glenn Heights, Highland Park, Irving, Rowlett, University Park)
- Denton County (Carrollton)
- Ellis County (Glenn Heights)
- Rockwall County (Rowlett)
Voting locations are open at various times during early voting and from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on the day of the Texas primary election, March 1. If you are in line by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, you will be allowed to vote. Check your county elections website for specific times.
Plan Your Trip on DART to a Voting Location
Riders who need customized trip planning can map out their ride with the “Plan” tool in the free GoPass app or use the Trip Planner on DART.org. DART Customer Service can also assist at 214-979-1111.
If you plan your trip directly in Google Maps, enter the voting location as your destination and choose the Transit option (train icon) to get travel directions using DART.
Tips for a Safe Voting Experience
- Wear a face mask while riding DART and while at the voting location. If you forget your mask, please take one from the dispensers located on DART trains and buses.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you and use it before and after your visit to the voting location, and especially after you use the voting machine. DART also provides hand sanitizer dispensers on board its buses and trains.
- Bring your own sanitized pen to sign any forms.
- Wash your hands with soap and water as soon as you can after leaving the voting location.
- Consider voting early so you can avoid crowds and practice social distancing.
- Stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.