2016 Rainbow Days Pot of Gold Luncheon Raises Funds for Dallas Youth
The 19th Annual Pot of Gold Luncheon raised over $265,000 in support for Rainbow Days’ programs and services. More than 630 attendees gathered on Friday, April 15, 2016 at the Omni Dallas Hotel to celebrate the luncheon and silent auction. Raffle tickets are still on sale one for $20 or six for $100 at RainbowDays.org/POG2016/Raffle for five fabulous prize packages. The drawing will take place on May 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM at Kendra Scott located in Preston Center.
Special guest speaker, Leigh Anne Tuohy, the inspirational matriarch portrayed by Sandra Bullock in the Oscar winning film, The Blind Side, brought heart and southern charm to the stage. Her message of appreciating the value in those society has deemed worthless has made her a highly sought after speaker. Her most recent book, Turn Around: Reach Out, Give Back, and Get Moving, challenges readers to re-think what giving really means. Her story of intervening in a homeless young man’s life, a life like so many Rainbow Days serves, left the audience questioning the potential of their impact.
Luncheon Chair, Catherine Rowsey oversaw event logistics and planning while Auction Co-Chairs Nicole Williams and Jon Langbert successfully raised more than $40,000 from 200 auction packages donated by generous businesses and individuals. Rainbow Days debuted their latest video featuring a day in the life of three program participants and the impact the organization has had on their lives.
Special thanks to the corporate and community sponsors and guests and program participants: Todd Whitthorne, President, ACAP Health, who has generously served as emcee for 15 years. Beloved longtime children’s entertainer Eddie Coker who delighted the crowd with two energetic performances accompanied by the children of Rainbow Days.
Special thanks to this year’s major sponsors: Mission: Nancy Ann & Ray L. Hunt; Auction: Thompson & Knight LLP; Diamond: Compatriot Capital, Jim & Deb Epperson, Lennox Women’s Business Council, Mary Kay Inc.; Platinum: Citi; Gold: Colleen & Bob Baillargeon, Flying Crown Land Group, Kara & Peter Gehan, Krystal Clear Audio-Video, ORIX Foundation, Julie & Greg Pascuzzi; Silver: Advanced Group, Bank of Texas, Dr. & Mrs. Keith Heier, Amy & Johnny Johnson, Jones Day, Mary Jo & James McKellar, Sharon & Wayne Smith, Venise & Larry Stuart, Nicole Williams & Matthew Colvin.
Rainbow Days, Inc. is a Dallas-based nonprofit whose mission is helping children and youth in adversity build coping skills and resilience to create positive futures. Since 1982, more than 190,000 children and youth in Dallas have been directly served and over 40,000 professionals have been trained nationwide. By building supportive communities, Rainbow Days provides essential life skills such as coping, healthy relationships, setting and achieving goals and maintaining a drug and alcohol free lifestyle to youth facing adversity. For more information, contact Julia Santosuosso, Development and Communication Manager, at 214.217.3833 | firstname.lastname@example.org | or visit www.rainbowdays.org.
1. Lynn McBee and Juliette Coulter at the 2016 Pot of Gold Luncheon Patron Reception
2. Jill Hurd and Heather Appel enjoying the Thompson & Knight hosted Patron Reception
3. Presenting Sponsor Pacific Union Financial, LLC attendees, Jim McDonald, Anna Thornton, and Cassandra Greenfield pictured with Leigh Anne Tuohy (second from right)
4. Prince of Peace Catholic School 8th grade students sold raffle tickets throughout the event
5. Emcee Todd Whitthorne greeting the crowd of nearly 630 corporate and community guests
6. Children residing at Shared Housing performed two songs with children’s performer, Eddie Coker
7. Leigh Anne Tuohy greeted guests and signed her book Turn Around after her inspirational speech
8. Helping Kids Rise Above adversity was the theme of this year’s Pot of Gold Luncheon Presented by Pacific Union Financial, LLC
9. Nearly 250 auction items and five raffle packages were sold bringing in an additional $40,000 towards the $265,000 goal
10. Rainbow Days Auxiliary Chair and Board Member, Kristen Worthington and daughter Jacqueline Worthington pose for a quick photo
11. Board President Greg Pascuzzi and wife Julie Pascuzzi attended and hosted a sponsor table at the event
12. 2016 Pot of Gold Luncheon Presented by Pacific Union Financial, LLC Auction Co-Chairs, Nicole Williams and Jon Langbert, and Event Chair, Catherine Rowsey
13. Leigh Anne Tuohy’s bestselling book, Turn Around: Reach Out, Give Back and Get Moving available for purchase and signing
14. Rainbow Days Founder and CEO, Cathey Brown, pictured with longtime friend, supporter, and children’s performer Eddie Coker