By Tricia White
Reimagine what it means to connect to the places you want to go. DART’s new GoLink service gives you more flexibility to complete your trip, combining the low cost of public transportation with the convenience and technology of ride-sourcing.
Introduced last fall as a lunch pilot in Plano’s Legacy area, GoLink expanded to full service in March in two Plano Zones: North Central Plano/Chase Oaks (March 12) and Legacy West (March 26). These on-demand buses can carry up to 15 passengers and will provide customers personalized curb-to-curb service anywhere within a specific zone.
GoLink North Central Plano/Chase Oaks service replaces and expands the old North Central Plano DART On-Call zone. Anchored at Parker Road Station, the zone is bound by Avenue K, Parker Road, and Custer Road, then extends further north to roughly Hedgcoxe Road and Chase Oaks Drive.
The GoLink Legacy West zone replaces Route 346, which served the Legacy and Granite Park areas. Anchored at the Northwest Plano Park & Ride, the zone is bordered Spring Creek Parkway, SH 121 Sam Rayburn Tollway and Ohio Drive.
Here’s what riders should know:
- The easiest way to request a GoLink ride is through the TapRide app.
- Riders also may call 214-452-1827 to schedule trips.
- DART will charge regular fares for GoLink.
- These on-demand buses can carry up to 15 passengers.
- GoLink service is from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays, excluding major holidays.
- You choose your pick-up and drop-off location within the zone.
- Be at your pick-up location, as vans depart promptly after arriving at the pick-up point.
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a fare-paying adult.
- All GoLink vehicles meet ADA requirements.
Additional information is online at DART.org/GoLink or by calling DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111. The TapRide app is available in Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Once you download the app, select GoLink/DART under “Select System”. Find more information at GoPass.org/app.
For Plano City News email, Right column
City of Plano Communications and Community Outreach firstname.lastname@example.org
DART GoLink Service Begins
DART is replacing existing bus routes with GoLink, the new app-powered, on-demand bus service in the North Central Plano/Chase Oaks area (March 12) and the Legacy area (March 26). Learn more at GoPass.org/app.